ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Black & McDonald’s Southern Ontario Facilities Management Operations team is growing! If you are a responsible and collaborative professional searching for the opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you.
The Security Guard will provide a friendly and safe environment for all patients, staff, volunteers, and visitors.
The Security Guard will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring safety and security of the facility and all those who enter the facility
- Provide a friendly and safe environment for all staff, volunteers, patients, and visitors
- Respond as required to all security, safety, and/or emergency situations
- Operate the Security Office’s CCTV, access control, and panic device systems in the absence of the Security Supervisor.
- Respond to all access requests in accordance with established protocols
- Conduct facility patrols and take necessary action based on observation including checking in with employees who work alone after hours
- Perform “Patient Watches”
- Monitor parking areas
- Investigate security and safety related events as required
- Complete forms, logs, notebooks, work orders, and incident reports as required
- Act as a member of the internal fire response team and crisis team
- Adhere to all corporate and departmental policies, procedures, and directives
- Identify areas requiring updates and/or possible areas of improvement relating to policies, procedures, and directives
- Completion of other tasks as directed by the supervisor
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Values and Respects Others
- Two-year community college Law & Security or Police Foundations diploma is preferred
- Valid Ontario Private Security & Investigative Services, Security Guard License is required.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- At least 6 months of security experience
- 3+ years of related experience in a health care environment is considered a strong asset.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Excellent problem solving skills and ability to proactively achieve resolutions both through direction and negotiation
Excellent judgment and ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy in emergency situations
Conflict Resolution skills
First Aid and CPR level “C”