The Group Fitness Instructor reports to the Supervisor, Fitness. This position is responsible for delivering various Fitness classes and programs to the public. We are seeking candidates who can offer innovative fitness opportunities for students, staff and the surrounding community. Instructors may be requested to teach programs such as: Pilates, Zumba, Yoga, Boot Camps, Spin, etc.
The Community Learning Campus Fitness Centre is looking for group fitness class instructors to lead a variety of programs for the 2019/2020 academic year.
- Posting Type: 1 Part-time Position Available
- Rate of Pay: $15/hour (Less $1 during probationary period)
- Anticipate the exercise and aerobics needs and interest of members in helping to plan appropriate programs and classes.
- Instruct group fitness classes and programs in accordance to RRCWB’s progression system.
- Motivate class participants, be punctual and display a high level of energy.
- Ensure member needs are met by providing an exemplary level of customer service.
- Make recommendations on fitness centre policies for staff and guests.
- Acknowledge and promote services/programs/events that would provide additional benefit to the facility users.
- Ensure the safety of staff members and fitness users by interpreting and enforcing facility rules and regulations etc
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR/AED certificate or equivalent (including CPR C).
- Group Fitness Instructor Certification.
- High School Diploma
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 1 year experience demonstrating a high level of maturity, responsibility, customer service, and leadership skills while instructing in a fitness environment.
- Knowledge in health, wellness, and physical fitness.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and oral skills.
- Knowledge of the operation of weight training and cardiovascular equipment.
- Participate in department meetings, provide updates and liaise with department staff.
- Possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work with Word, Excel and Outlook.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
Kinesiology degree or a related field in health, wellness, or physical education.
Personal Training or CrossFit certification.
Background in nutrition.
Customer service experience or training.
How to Apply:
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
This position requires part time work and a flexible schedule including early morning, late night, and weekend work.
This position may include heavy lifting of supplies and equipment and may be exposed to loud noises and will require an individual to be able to concentrate in a busy environment.
The candidate must be physically fit and behave as a role model for a fit and healthy person.
This position may require travel between our various facilities within the Wood Buffalo Region. Access to reliable transportation is necessary.