What is OINP (Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program) for Canada immigrants?
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) is a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) of the Ontario province in Canada that accepts the applications from overseas immigrants for Nomination Certificate, which in turn make applicants eligible to apply for permanent residency in Canada.
It is an economic immigration program that has been designed meets the labour market and economy needs of the province of Ontario.
What are the key streams of OINP?
- General Category
- International Student Category
- Ontario Express Entry
- Business Category
What are the key requirements of the OINP- Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream?
- Score at least 400 points under the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). The score must remain at or above 400 during both the Ontario nomination processing stage and at the federal application for permanent residence processing stage;
- Have a basic level of work experience;
- Have a language ability of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or above in all four capacities (speaking, reading, writing, and listening);
- Show an intent to live in Ontario
- Have enough funds to support the stay in Ontario.
- Candidates under FSW stream need to have minimum one year of constant and full-time employment experience, or part-time comparable, in a NOC level 0, A, or B occupation in the last 5 years.
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC) candidates need to have minimum one year of cumulative and full-time employment experience, or part-time comparable, in a NOC 0, A, or B occupation in Canada in last 3 years.
How to Apply in OINP?
As explained, how to apply for OINP, Canada Ontario Canada Immigrant Nominee Program, there are some procedures here you should take. The OINP is the key immigration program of the Ontario province that invites highly skilled and talented immigrants to apply for provincial nomination and subsequently the permanent residence.
On receipt of the application, Ontario will assess the profile of the candidates and accordingly process the application.
How to check Status of your OINP
If an applicant is selected, he/she will get the provincial nomination certificate. Subsequently, a candidate can apply to IRCC for permanent residency based on the nomination received from Ontario should incase the application didn’t go as you (the applicant or immigrant) had expected.