Construction coordinators, also known as construction managers, organize and coordinate building projects.
They are also responsible for properly estimating construction costs and ensuring work crews meet building deadlines, which can be stressful tasks to oversee.
Job title – Construction Coordinator
Job ID – 2330496 X
Job Type & Duration – Scheduled Shifts : 08:30 – 16:30
Salary/Rate – $29.47 to $32.03 per hour
Shift Information – Monday – Friday; 35 Hours Per Week
Your Major Responsibilities:
- Assists in the development of scope, schedule, budget, co-ordination and interfacing requirements of construction projects, and assists with the development of designs by external Engineers and Architects.
- Carries out project administration which includes coordinating with internal stakeholders and staff, external design consultants and construction contractors on work timing and methods, as well as interpreting and ensuring conformity with drawings and specifications. etc
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil Engineering, or Building Sciences; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Considerable experience in the methods and techniques of project design and construction including construction contract administration, interpreting construction drawings, specifications and contract documents. ,
- Experience preparing budgets and schedules, and maintaining financial records… etc
You must also have:
- Excellent writing skills and awareness of other communication tools.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively with others in a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, plan and execute a variety of tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, specifications and contract documents.
- Ability to travel to various work locations throughout the City of Toronto.
- A Project Management Professional Certificate would be an asset.
How to Apply: Go to the job site for full job description and requirements and apply
If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position, due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ID # and the job title. The City is committed to providing Code-protected accommodation throughout its hiring process. Please visit Hiring Policies and Statements for further details.