This type of job position offer is one of the best to choose especially for new immigrants seeking to find balance while trying to work and earn in Ontario, Canada. For those who are interested in having a career in the health care sector.
Who is Environmental Services Representative? What Jobs or Roles do they perform?
In a hospital, nursing home, or another health-care setting, the environmental services director is responsible for making sure sanitation standards are met. He or she ensures that patient rooms and medical equipment are properly sterilized.
- Department: Community and Health Services Department
- Branch: Paramedic and Seniors Services Branch
- Status: Casual/On-Call
- Location: Newmarket / Ontario
- Date Posted: March 26, 2020
- Date Closing: December 31, 2020
- Number Of Positions: 1
Salary: $24.22 to $26.33 per hour
The below is an Addition to staff
Union position – CUPE Local 905 (Long Term Care)
Scheduled Hours: As Required and Varied
Scheduled Shifts: 08:30 – 16:30
Reporting to the Manager, Production and Support Services, and under the guidance and direction of the Environmental Services Team Leader, maintains the facility in a clean, orderly condition to provide a safe, pleasant environment for the residents, staff and visitors to the facility in accordance with Ministry of Health LTC Standards, Health Protection & Promotions Act, The Occupational Health & Safety Act and Departmental Policy. Transports residents, furnishings, laundry and equipment throughout the facility; washes and sorts residents personal laundry, as assigned.
• Performs cleaning assignments as outlined in the Housekeeping Manual to include daily, weekly, monthly and special tasks.
• Maintains floors throughout the LTC Facility (residents rooms, halls, lounges, dining areas, stairwells, washrooms/bathing areas, chapel, offices, etc.) Dust mop, damp washes using a germicidal solution, strips and seals refinishes as necessary. Vacuums carpets regularly and shampoos carpets as necessary.
• Washes walls and ceilings of resident rooms as required; washes residents’ lockers with germicidal solution as required; washes internal windows throughout the LTC Facility as required.
• Assists in the re-location of residents throughout the facility including the moving of furnishings.
• Sets up tables, chairs, equipment for special events including events outside of the facility.
• Picks up soiled laundry and delivers to storage areas to be shipped out to laundry service provider.
• Assists the Environmental Services Team Leader with C.Q.I. activities.
• In the absence of the Environmental Services Team Leader, will assume partial responsibilities of the section.
• Successful completion of a Secondary School Diploma or approved equivalent.
• Minimum two (2) years experience in a housekeeping department of a long term health care facility, hospital or other large institutional environment.
• Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Checks (PVSC).
• Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
• Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and practices including WHMIS and the save use and handling of cleaning products.
• Demonstrated basic computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications and the ability to receive and respond to emails.
How to Apply
Please apply online here.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.