How to Obtain Work Visa or Permit after studying in Australia

work permit after studying in Australia

Australia Student working permits or Visas For International Students

International students who wish to come in to Australia first need to be accepted into an Australian educational institute before applying for a student visa and if you are wondering, Can you stay back and obtain Australia work visa after studying? Then we have the the answers you need.

Prior to April 26, 2008, students applying for a student visa to Australia were required to use it  separately for permit to study. However, students are now ready to receive permit to study along side their work visa grant.

This saves students both time and money when applying for both student visas and work permit. The visa application fee in Australia is currently A$535.

When applying for a visa, students will have to supply a confirmation of enrollment issued by the Australian institution which the scholar intends to attend as a part of their application.

This is proof that the scholar or student is basically staying in Australia for educational purposes. it’s also recommended that students apply for a visa as early as possible for beginning their stay in Australia, thanks to the time it can fancy process a visa application.

Further Rules and Regulations

Other rules and restrictions under Australian student visas include:

  • Students are required to pursue a uniform study program that has been approved by the Australian government.
  • Students need to fulfill all of the wants of the study program during which they’re enrolled.
  • Students must maintain satisfactory attendance in their course and course progress for every study period as needed by their school.
  • Students are required to take care of Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).

Note: If you violate any of those restrictions, your student visa could also be revoked and you’ll be deported out of Australia.

Australian Work Visa after Studying

When your studies in Australia come to an end, you’ve got a variety of options. Most institutions will provide you with information about your options once you’ve got graduated, also as advice on returning home, migrating and gaining employment.

Many international students prefer to stay in Australia to finish further studies or gain a better qualification (progressing from a bachelor degree to an honours year or masters degree, for example). Continuing your studies will enable you to maximise some time in Australia and gain more advanced qualifications and skills which will assist you in gaining employment.

What is the duration of the work permit that is granted?

The duration of the work permit will depend on the type of degree you complete:
  • Students who graduate with a Bachelors degree are eligible for a 2 year work visa.
  • Students who graduate with a Masters by coursework degree are eligible for a 2 year work visa. (This is the regular Masters which is the course that most Indian students undertake.)
  • Students who graduate with a Masters by Research degree are eligible for a 3 year work visa.
  • Students who graduate with a Doctoral degree (or PhD) are eligible for a 4 year work visa.