Can I work in UK as a Foreigner without permanent residence? How to apply for UK work permits 2021
In this webpost, we will be learning how to apply for UK work permits 2021 and the documents that will prove whenever or not you are eligible.
Can I work in UK as a Foreigner without permanent residence?
A permanent resident is a foreigner who has not yet become a citizen of that country, but has been given the right to permanently reside and work for as long he/she wants (From Wikipedia).
However, not every foreigner needs a permanent resident status before being permitted to work in the UK. Many foreigners have rights to work in the UK. Let’s briefly run through the rights.
Your rights to work in UK
If any of the following scenarios applies to you, then you need no work visa or permanent resident status before getting employed in the UK:
- If you are British citizen.
- You didn’t grow up in Britain but one of your parents is a British citizen.
- You happen to be a Swiss national that has worked in the United Kingdom before December 31, 2020.
- You are a citizen of one of the countries in tge European Economic Area (EEA), and has worked in the United Kingdom before December 31, 2020. Want to know more about your rights to work in the UK? You can do that here.
If any of the statements above doesn’t apply to you, then you will need a work permit (also called work visa and employment visa) before being allowed to come into and work in the UK.
What documents prove I am eligible to work in the UK? Work permit
A UK work permit is a legal permission that enables a foreigner to get hired and work in the UK for a short period of time. It allows someone who is not a citizen of the UK to work and earn a living, without needing to attain the permanent resident status.
How to apply for UK work permits 2021
To apply for the UK work permit in 2021, you first have to meet the requirements below:
- You must be offered a job by an employer in the UK.
- You should be sponsored by your employer.
- You must be offered a job that is among the list of allowed professions.
- You and your employer must have agreed on a specific minimum salary.
- You must be able to communicate perfectly in English language.
After meeting up with the requirements, follow the steps below to obtain your UK work permit:
- Since you won’t be allowed to enter the United Kingdom without the work permit, that means all applications will be made online.
- You will need to prove your identity and submit some documents.
- You will need to pay the application fee.
- You will be required to submit documents that prove you are financially capable to sustain yourself till you recieve your first salary.
- After submitting the form correctly, you should get your work permit within three weeks.
Through a work permit, you can become a permanent resident in the UK (after 5 years). Through your permanent resident status, you can apply for and become a British citizen. Welcome to the United Kingdom.